Sunday, November 22, 2009

Character building


Part of what I need to do before I voice a demo is create characters. I don't necessarily mean 'cartoon' characters, but different people I can do with my voice. I'd never really thought about it until I took the VO class. I've had some fun creating a few....but I have many more I need. To be a 'bookable' voice over artist I need 12 - 15 characters. People I can slip into and out of with ease. Sounds crazy....right? So here's what I have so far.....
  • Miss Kitty from Atlanta (I created her after attending an HDI meeting where they didn't have a name tag for me...only Kitty's was left and she couldn't attend)
  • Tsunami Susan (my Superhero! - created her at the VO workshop)
  • Nasaly Nelly (self explanatory - created just to keep up with speaking nasaly)
  • Biker Brenda - tough talker and such a far stretch from me!

That's it. I have a long way to go....any ideas will help!!! :) Thanks for reading....

1 comment:

vicky said...

wow, that is a hard one! I will have to think.