Friday, June 13, 2008

The UPS and downs of life...

This week was full of blessings and sadness. I hit a new high on Monday: 45lbs gone! I was elated!!!!
But Tuesday brought sadness. My Uncle Jerry passed away. He's the second Uncle I've lost in two months and I only have THREE!!! I hadn't spoke with him in a long time and don't want to go into details. I miss him very much. Right after that, my Grandfather was rushed to the hospital. He's my only Grandparent. I am grateful that he is going to be OK, but I hadn't seen him in awhile, so I spent some time with him on Wednesday.
Thursday brought new friendships. Brandon, a new friend from HDI, spent some of his valuable time with me showing me his Call Logging system (what we use on the Help Desk) and discussing best practices as well as our mutual affection for HDI. (Brandon and I are both Local Chapter Officers for HDI) I really appreciated seeing how a larger Help Desk is run and him taking the time to discuss issues with me. Thanks Brandon!

1 comment:

vicky said...

You are very lucky to still have a grandparent alive. Mine have been gone for a long time (8+ years) and I sure miss them. My kids never got to really know any of them...