Friday, September 5, 2008

Pretty in Pink...

This is what the mail man sees.....

A few years ago, JT and I decided to do a little landscaping. I had always admired my sister's Bougainvillia she had in her yard and I wanted to grow one too. I was told over and over again that I couldn't grow one in Rohnert Park because the frosty winters would kill it. Well, the naysayers were half right. I had two beautiful plants and last winter I didn't cover them enough and I lost one. Here's what's left:
Several of my neighbors have come by to compliment us on the gorgeous plant. It's a prickly plant and that's another reason I like it. I have had several holiday decorations stolen over the years and the prickliness of this plant I am "hoping" will thwart thieves from stealing my stuff! A little tender loving care and you can grow anything!!

2 comments:

vicky said...

WOW! That is pretty! You have seriously had decorations stolen? That is CRAZY!

vicky said...

PS....HAPPY BIRTHDAY a little early!