Saturday, July 3, 2010

HDI Conference 2010

This pic is of me in front of the conference session I spoke at. MY name is on the list there.
Something you should know about me...I set a goal and work very hard to achieve it. Sometimes it's more of a dream (like my voice over work) and sometimes it can be a reality if I work hard enough. Once I've achieved a goal, I look towards my next one. Ever since I realized I am not as shy as I think I am (I know some of you are laughing out loud right now) I've wanted to speak in public. I've learned that speaking from the heart is easiest and that's what I wanted to do. I wrote a proposal to speak at the HDI 2010 Conference in Orlando FL earlier this year and was accepted! My topic: Martians & Venusians, Managing Diversity in the Workplace. I was a co-presenter with a friend of mine, Jeff Brooks. We had a LOT of fun putting together this presentation and our audience either loved us (because they knew us and/or loved the topic) or hated us (because we had a subject that was rather 'touchy'). Either way, I learned a lot and had a great time doing this! I was very honored to be in such great company. Jeff Brooks, Frank Oz and me. You might know Frank Oz if you're a Star Wars or Sesame Street fan!

2 comments:

vicky said...

You are so brave for reaching and accomplishing so many of your dreams! I am proud of you!

Pedro Garcia Millan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.