Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Scales. Scary.

So I weighed myself yesterday. Surprise! I lost weight! I was so excited to see a lower number then I talked with my boss about it and she told me to ignore the scale. It's all about inches. Whatever. I have a smaller number and I'm thrilled! My husband found a website to help calculate how many calories I should eat on a daily basis based on my weight, height and age. I think it helps to be OLD! It also has a calculator for exercise. If I am this tall and this fat and I want to do this exercise for this amount of time, how many calories will I burn? I love it! Whatever works. I'm losing weight and I'm not sacrificing everything to do it. That's the best part.

Today was crazy rainy. Didn't get to do my walk but did walk around the house and walk around work a bit. Not the same but its what I could do. Tomorrow is a new day.

2 comments:

vicky said...

So how has your new way of life been going? Still riding your bike? I wish I had your determination...

Brendella said...

I'm sorry I haven't updated this in a few days. Jeff and I are in Vegas til Sunday and I'm struggling to stay on course. I've lost 5lbs since the first!! I'm really watching my calories and making sure I eat at LEAST 500 less per day than my body requires to maintain my weight. It's working!! It's been raining so I haven't ridden since last weekend. You can imagine for me what a struggle this is. I've been this way since I was a teenager! :) Thanks for the supporting comments. I appreciate it!