Sunday, March 23, 2008

A busy couple of weeks....

Playing "catchup" after being gone for two weeks has been difficult. Ian has been home from school for Spring break and doing what teenagers do well, bugging me. LOL. I've been able to ride my motorcycle to work for a few days (I don't get to ride during the school year - something about being a teenage boy on the back of his mother's motorcycle???) and that was really nice. It helped with the gas expense anyway.
Ian decided he wants to work this summer. He has the luck of having family that's close to where he wants to work so I'm sending him to Anaheim for the summer. That's right. Ian's goal is to work at Disneyland for the summer. Lucky kid. Wish I had that opportunity when I was younger. Guess I'll just have to go and visit him more often! :)
As for me, I'm dealing with the struggles of taking care of a parent. I would not have thought I'd be doing it so young, but here I am. My Mom does OK for the most part, but I do have several daily things I do to help her. Bills, shopping, taxes, daily phone calls. You get the picture. It makes it difficult to do the traveling I do because I'm constantly worried about her, Ian, Jeff and Jacob (if they're not with me). That's why this blog and the weight-loss is so important to me. It's something I'm doing for me and only for me. I've almost lost 25lbs and I'm noticing it more and more. I'm down two pants sizes and happily filling up bags of clothes to donate. I took a big step last weekend and got rid of clothes. Okay, I've done this before, but not like I did last weekend. I went through my closet and got rid of EVERYTHING that was too big! In the past when I've lost weight, I've saved my favorite outfits just-in-case and always seem to get back into them. Not this time! It felt GREAT to get rid of them!!! I'm actually looking forward to getting in my bathing suit next month when we go to the Dominican Republic!

1 comment:

vicky said...

You are soooo lucky! Good for you on the weight loss!
As for Ian...wow! That is going to be a fun opportunity. If I had money I would make a trip down to see him :)
Your mom is lucky she has you so close to her to help her. Tell her I said hello, k?