Thursday, March 13, 2008

HDI Conference...work and FUN!!


I just got back last night from my second trip to Texas in two weeks. This time it was for my work conference...the Help Desk Institute. I go to rejuvenate, educate and learn new trends. I was really worried about going because it's difficult to control of my diet when I'm gone. Many of the meals came with the conference. I had nothing to worry about because I lost weight and hit a new milestone. 20lbs gone since January 1st (4lbs at the conference!) Whew! It hasn't been easy but I'm much happier when I stand on the scale.
While at the conference we had a few notable keynote speakers. Emmitt Smith from the Dallas Cowboys and Dancing with the Stars opened the conference. My favorite speakers were a toss up between Gene Kranz (He answered the call "Houston, we have a problem" from Apollo 13 space mission) and Jeff Taylor (he founded Monster.com).
The final conference party was the DOOBIE BROTHERS!! They rocked the house! I got to go backstage (I know Vicky is SHOCKED right now!) and meet them (that's me on the far left). They were cool guys. The stage manager gave me some guitar picks to share with my friends and I did just that. Had a GREAT time!

1 comment:

vicky said...

YEAH! Good for you! That is so cool...but your right, I am NOT surprised.