Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

Ahhhh.....relaxing vacation! I went with the thought in mind that I just want to chill. Relax. Do NOTHING! I did that for the most part. I just loved it. The food was fabulous, the resort was beautiful and the beach was.....well, you can see for yourself.
On the flip side, the country is very poor and that was hard to see while we're relaxing in a 5 star all inclusive resort.
We did bring school supplies with us to donate to the local kids including back packs, laptop bags, pens, pencils etc. Our tour guide has a helper who volunteers for local school kids and asked us to bring anything we could donate. Since I go to a work conference every year and they usually give us bags, I was happy to pass those along.

The diet is still going well! The picture above shows the two of us 85 lbs lighter (between us). What a difference!

No vacation is complete with out a realistic view of my new favorite vacation spot...

2 comments:

vicky said...

Yeah Brenda!!! Great picture of you and Jeff! I am so glad you had a great time and KUDOS to you for taking stuff along to donate.

Mama's Place said...

Wow Brenda you look fabulous and the beach looks like a great place to relax.