Saturday, May 10, 2008

I did it!!!!!!!


I can't believe I did it, but I did!! I walked 6+ miles today (10k) in under 2 hours. My goal was a 20 minute mile and I did better than that. 5 months ago I would have never been able to do this!! I started off with a brisk steady pace and kept it going throughout the whole walk. I took opportunities to jog when I could (mostly downhill!) but it helped with my time. I ran to the finish line and WOW it was exciting! I did the whole race alone with my iPod. Nothing better than dancing along to your own tune and having people look at you like you're crazy!

This is a picture before the race of me and "Mini Me". My friend Andrea reminds so many people of me at a younger age (is that a compliment???) that she's been dubbed "Mini Me". So, to her credit....she couldn't be Mini Me alone. I got a moniker too. "Mega Me". I laughed so hard when she pinned that name on me!

And just for Vicky, here's the view of Spring Lake I had while I was walking today..

2 comments:

vicky said...

Oh...look how pretty! I need to come for a visit.
You did great on your walk/jog! You look great in your picture! I will be sending you a picture this week.

Brendella said...

Yes please!! Come for a visit!! :) Can't wait to get the picture. You guys all look great! I still can't believe your baby girl is graduating from high school and going out to the real world...