Friday, February 1, 2008

Support! And I don't mean what's under the clothes...

I am finding that a support network is a good thing. When I started this venture in January, I didn't tell anyone right away. I kept this blog secret, I wrote down what I ate and only my husband knew what I was really doing. Nothing worse than everyone knowing and me failing.

I manage a small Help Desk for a local bank. It's my passion and my life. I created the group in 2002 and love my staff and my customers. I decided to tell my staff what I'm doing and they have been sooooo supportive! One of my "girls" reminds me on my "walk" day that it's time. She's very encouraging and it really helps. Right now I'm walking 3 days a week doing a 20 minute power walk with weights. I get a good sweat going and my heart pumping and it feels good. I have a friend in the building next to mine that wants to be my "diet buddy". I've never had a "diet buddy" so this is a new concept to me. Hopefully we can encourage each other and continue on this journey together.

5 comments:

Cath said...

Hi Brenda. It's Vicky's little sister Cathy. I have been stalking your blog for awhile and just thought I would say good job on your new lifestyle!

Brendella said...

Cathy! You're stalking me?! LOL That's so unfair...you stalk me and I can't see your blog! Hope you're doing well.

vicky said...

I think anyone can read Cathy's blog. It is open.
I am glad things are still going well.

Brendella said...

Cathy's blog says I have to be invited...*sniff*

Cath said...

Did you click on the link on Vicky's blog? Try that one.