Monday, April 27, 2009

Monday - day Six

Ugh. Today was a setback.

I went to lunch with my Mom (thanks Mom!!) and couldn't take my pain meds because I can't drive while on them. It was weird being behind the wheel of the car and driving and feeling every bump in the road. When we were done with lunch, I was DONE. Oh man I was hurting. I came home took one pain pill and was out the rest of the afternoon. I don't like feeling like that. I had been doing well not taking pain pills every 4 hours because I hadn't needed them. I have a week to get ready to go back to work and I have no idea how I'm going to do that.

Sleeping is another thing. A friend told me about a "pillow nest" that helped her sleep like a baby. I've tried to recreate it (I found a pic of it online) and I guess I'm not setting it up right because it's just not working. Tonight I'm going to try the Lay-Z-Boy and see how I do. I don't DO well without 8 hours of straight sleep. Makes me cranky. :)

Tomorrow I'm going to start with small walks and see where I go...

Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

vicky said...

oh bren...I feel your pain. One time I had a very sore bum and had been sick for a long time(long story) but my mom took me for a ride to get some fresh air. I sat in the back of the VW and she went over every bump she could find...and the railroad tracks. Makes me cringe just thinking of it.
How's your mom doing? Tell her hi!