Friday, April 17, 2009

Surgery & the weightloss

I started this blog to write the adventure I started on January 1st 2008. I wanted to blog while I worked on losing weight and hoped that it would help me in my quest for healthiness. As of this writing, I've lost 57lbs. I've lost it everywhere but ONE place. My breasts. I'm huge. Not Dolly Parton huge but darn close. After many visits to the Doctor, many funny exercises to try to lose the weight there, I've decided to have a breast reduction. My insurance provider (God bless them) deems it medically necessary and will be covering the cost for this life changing operation. There are so many things I am looking forward to after this. Things the average woman doesn't think about. Like....
  • buying a ONE piece swim suit
  • buying a dress
  • RUNNING - think about it!
  • neck pain relief
  • back pain relief
  • buying a bra in a NORMAL dept store
  • and so on and so on.....
I have many things to do this weekend in preparation for the surgery and my recovery. Wish me luck and watch here for updates......

Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

KP said...

Oh, hooray! Eileen, who used to work in Proof, did the same thing. I learned a lot from her experience. It's too bad you can't just pass some of it along to me.